Money Strong Volunteer Description
Volunteer description for Money Strong Financial Coaches
Coaching is partnering with clients in a thought provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. Financial Coaching is a client-driven process in which individuals and families work to reach personalized goals related to improving their financial well-being.
Coaches do not provide expertise on their clients’ financial issues but offer tools and resources, encouragement, and monitoring throughout the process of self-directed behavior change.
Financial Coach Responsibilities:
- Minimum of 6 month commitment
- Attend weekly, one hour meetings with participant
- Attend two three hour trainings
- Attend one two hour Budget training with participant
- Sign confidentiality agreement
- Monthly communication with the Volunteer Action Center and case worker
- Have a Criminal Background Check
- Respect participants decisions and goals
- Engage in active listening and critical questioning
- Encourage the clients through each step of the process and provide accountability
- See the person as creative, resourceful and whole
- Work to build a rapport with the person
- Be willing to give hard feedback
Click here to become a Money Strong Coach!
Written by kprather on Monday February 29, 2016